Thursday, October 6, 2011

I've chopped and changed car insurers over the past 20yrs and each time I change I never get offered evidence?

of No Claims Bonuses.

Shouldn't each insurer have sent me this?

Surely me never claiming is enough proof?

How do I go about retrieving these documents?

Can't remember each insurer, but there must be about 10 companies.
I've chopped and changed car insurers over the past 20yrs and each time I change I never get offered evidence?
%26quot;Shouldn't each insurer have sent me this?%26quot;

No. It would be sent to your new insurance company. But only if they requested it.



%26quot;Surely me never claiming is enough proof?%26quot;

No. Insurance companies require documentary proof.



%26quot;How do I go about retrieving these documents?%26quot;

You don't. It's only needed if an insurance company requests it.



%26quot;Can't remember each insurer, but there must be about 10 companies%26quot;

That doesn't matter. You only need proof from your most recent insurer. If your new insurer requests it.
I've chopped and changed car insurers over the past 20yrs and each time I change I never get offered evidence?
Your NCB should be shown on the last insurance certificate that you received. That is proof enough for most insurers - just send a copy to any new insurer. They will ask for confirmation from you that there have been no claims since the certificate was issued.

You don't need NCB proof from each insurer and certainly don't need to try to retrieve these documents. The only one that is valid is the latest one - NCB proof from 4 years ago is of absolutely no use whatsoever.
It is usually on your insurance schedule (but probably not the certificate, which is a different thing) with all the other details of the premium. Also, all car insurers in the UK use the same database, so they'll know what NCB you have without you having to prove it.
you nearly always have to ask for proof of no claims bonus from you previous insurance company. you only need to contact the last insurer to get the proof you need.
Your renewal reminder from your current insurer is proof of no claims for your new insurer.