Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Changing the color of my car? How much does the DMV charge to change my registration?

I am from Illinois.



Car is currently blue, but I will be repainting it Desert Sage Metallic in the spring, which is a greenish color.



I know I need to inform the DMV of the color change, but should I contact insurance as well? I dont want to get hassled and stopped constantly because my plates come back to a blue car when its green.



Where can I find more information about this online?
Changing the color of my car? How much does the DMV charge to change my registration?
In the USA, I have never heard of having to notify the DMV of a color change.
Changing the color of my car? How much does the DMV charge to change my registration?
Car color is not on title or registration, and the insurance doesn't even ask what color the car is when you get a policy. What made you think you needed to notify the DMV?



http://www.sos.state.il.us/departments/v鈥?/a> never even mentions color.
I certainly would not worry about it right now. When you are near a dmv ask your question directly or phone them.
  • hair gel
  • what is a good first job
  •