Tuesday, October 25, 2011

How do I change my car title to MS?

I moved to Mississippi about a year ago. My car tag renews in August but I'm wondering whether I was supposed to do something with my car title? When I asked after getting my car tag they told me there was nothing else to do. Just wondering if I missed anything.
How do I change my car title to MS?
Nope- you're done. The title relates to the car itself, not the state you live in. As long as you've informed your insurance agent, you're good.



You do not need to change the address on the title every time you move- you'll just have to supply your current address when you eventually sell it. While your license and insurance should reflect your correct address, the title does not. In fact no one should ever see it- it should be kept in a very safe place- and never in the car!
How do I change my car title to MS?
You are required to change your drivers license and car tags when you move. You don't need to do anything with your title though.
You may want to call your local DMV and see if you need to change the address on the title.
  • ie
  • eyebrows waxed for first time
  •