Thursday, October 6, 2011

How do I change my car stereo?

I have a 2001 infiniti G20 with the stock bose sound system.. I have the stereo I bought for my last car and Im wanting to switch the two.



Is this possible to do alone?

I dont know how to remove the BOSE system from the car, and then can I just unplug the cords and replug them in my new kenwood???



anyone who knows how to remove the stereo or has any tips please help.
How do I change my car stereo?
Well Jeff is half right about the mounting kit for the dash. But you need a bose interface adapter . Most bose system have amp on each speaker so just using a standard wiring kit won't work but it could damage the new stereo or the speakers.You will need to get the pac ROEM-NIS2 OR THE AOEM-NIS2 . There about $60 .Use the link below I hope this helps
How do I change my car stereo?
Yes, and it's very simple to do, as well.



You will want to buy the %26quot;fit kit%26quot; for your Infiniti, which will include a plastic or metal bracket that fits in the dashboard in place of the original stereo and a wiring harness that will go from the factory stereo connector to a series of color-coded wires for each speaker, power, etc.



If you still have the wiring harness for your kenwood, you will be able to match up the colors and crimp them together (butt splice) to make a connector that goes from the back of the kenwood to the factory harness. No permanent modifications will need to be made to the vehicle using this installation.



I usually buy my fit kits from crutchfield.com, but I don't know that they have one for a 2001 infiniti. I recommend looking on an infiniti forum and asking people what wiring harness and fit kit they use.
You should be able to do it by yourself depending on how mechanically/installing capable you are( I know poor sentence structure)

Here are a couple of links that should help:

http://www.ehow.com/how_866_install-car-鈥?/a>

http://www.installdr.com/



Good Luck!