Thursday, October 6, 2011

How often do I have to change the clutch oil in my car?

I have a Volvo 850 year 1995 station wagon...it is manual transmission and recently it broke down...the mechanic told me that the clutch oil needs to be changed (Dexron III)....that the oil was really dirty...and it made me wonder...how often does the clutch oil need to be changed in a car like mine?
How often do I have to change the clutch oil in my car?
Get a second opinion. There is no such thing as %26quot;clutch oil%26quot; unless they are referring to the fluid in the clutch hydraulic system. In that case, it is usually DOT-3 brake fluid. The TRANSMISSION oil may need to be changed, but is usually good for 100,000+ miles. Some manufacturers don't recommend changing it at all, just topping off if it leaks.