Thursday, October 6, 2011

How do I tax car if I change insurance on the phone and don't have letter yet?

I want to buy a car tomorrow that doesn't have tax and I will change my insurance details on the phone. How am I supposed to tax it if the insurance letter you need to tax it will take a few days to arrive? I want to drive it on Monday. Another thing is, I forgot to ask the owner if they have proof they have sorned it. If they haven't, will I have to pay the back tax or not?
How do I tax car if I change insurance on the phone and don't have letter yet?
you can't sorry,!!
How do I tax car if I change insurance on the phone and don't have letter yet?
I wouldn worry about the sorn ...been only maybe a couple of days and dvla will have them as the keeper

You can tax your car online ...ok the tax disc will take a couple of days to come through the post but you have a reason and should the police check their records it will prove your car is taxed
Tax it online!
You can tax your car, DVLA will check electronically to see if you have the relevant documents. Do it online here,

http://www.taxdisc.direct.gov.uk/EvlPort鈥?/a>
You can tax it online. The disk will take up to 5 days to arrive, but if the police or a traffic warden report the vehicle to the DVLA as not displaying a tax disc, you will not get a fine, because the DVLA know it is taxed, and they know why you are not displaying a disk.



Their computer knows if you have insured it - the insurance companys computers are linked to the DVLA. They also know if it has an MOT - all MOT station computers are linked to the DVLA.