Tuesday, October 25, 2011

How can I change the color of my car interior fabric?

I want to change the interior color of my car because it tried of getting stains so easily because of the light color.(was thinking about just changing everything to black) What are some methods of changing the colors? Thanks for any replies that are actually trying to help.
How can I change the color of my car interior fabric?
You can buy paints, stains and dyes that will change the color of your fabric upholstery. Here's a good source to start with...



http://www.eastwood.com/interior-repair/鈥?/a>
How can I change the color of my car interior fabric?
You should really take this up with your mechanic because I remember I changed my interior and it was a pain in the A. Doing it yourself is much cheaper but it is not worth the time and effort you put into it because it could be frustrating when things do not go the same way you want it to.
On the cheap- there is fabric paint you can buy at the autoparts store



or you can buy a new interior from the salvage yard from a car like yours
depending on the make on model the best solution is to try and source an interior from a wrecked car, try auto salvage / breakers yards - you could buy front and rear seats for your car there.



Price will vary depending on make model, leather will always command a premium.



the other alternative is buy seat covers, but use the internet to check out how well these fit, because ill fitting loose covers are messy and uncomfortable
Hi - here's some info I used when I replaced carpeting and did some touch up on vinyl trims :



carpet kits : http://www.truck-and-car-floor-mats.com/鈥?/a>

carpet and vinyl dyes/paints : http://www.truck-and-car-floor-mats.com/鈥?/a>



hope this helps ...