Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Drivers,,How often do you change your car & for what reasons?

I change mine every 4 yrs, I dont know why, I just do.
Drivers,,How often do you change your car %26amp; for what reasons?
I've had 14 cars in the last 14 years, so I'm averaging a change every year. However, I've often had two cars at the same time, I've had my 2 current cars 3 years and 5.5 years.

I usually buy and repair cheap old cars and run them while it remains economic to do so.



The least time I've run a car is 3 months, the longest my current 5.5 years.
Drivers,,How often do you change your car %26amp; for what reasons?
every 4 or 5 years, the car usually stops working as well by then.
When I start having problems with it and it ends up costing me more to repair than getting a new one. I have 2 cars, one I've had for 18months, the other for 2 years and not looking to replace either of them for at least another 2 years with any luck
usually every two years. I average 30,000 miles a year.
Every three years,depreciation,plus i really like the feel and smell of a brand new and different makes of car.

The last one i let go was a month ago with less

than fourteen thousand miles on the clock.
When cost of repairs make it uneconomic, had present car 7 years, as it is now 12 years old I am starting to look at replacements. I am reluctant as it has cost little in maintenance and spares and does 50mpg.
About ever 5 years - when a manufacturer launches something better than I've already got.
More often than not I change my car just to have a change. I've occasionally had to get a new car due my old one dying, but only 3 or 4 times in 25 years of driving and 20-odd carsthat I've had.

My shortest ownership was a Ford Sierra I completely wrecked a week after I'd bought it, and the longest was a BMW 520i that I had for 4 years before some kind person stoved in the rear end and the insurers said it would cost more to fix than it was worth.

If I like a car, I'll keep it. I've had my current wheels for over 2 years, but I can feel a replacement coming later this year!
  • dating to find
  • skin condition caused by
  •