Thursday, October 6, 2011

How do I change a car title from both our names to just my husbands name?

We recently bought a car and put the title in my name and my husbands name. We live in VA but, since he is in the military, my husband is a FL resident. We recently got a bill from our local treasurer for a hefty fee for taxes. If we can switch the title to just my husband's name we won't have to pay the taxes. Any suggestions about how to switch the title to just my husband's name?
How do I change a car title from both our names to just my husbands name?
Go to the DMV should be easy.
How do I change a car title from both our names to just my husbands name?
go to the county court clerk tell them you want to Transfer the title to his name only it will cost you a small fee but will save you in the long run .
if the title says and between your names you both have to sign the title

if it says or between your names ( or both and/or) either one of you may sign it and transfer it into the husbands name only.