Monday, September 19, 2011

Will a sex change from male to female result in lower car insurance?

Females have lower car insurance then males. So if a male gets a sex change does the car insurance company change their sex in their records and lower their car insurance?
Will a sex change from male to female result in lower car insurance?
As an insurance professional, I've actually run across this issue. Once the surgery has been done, as long as you can provide legal proof, it will change you to a female, and rate you accordingly.
Will a sex change from male to female result in lower car insurance?
She's right about this one. I signed up for insurance with GEICO as female. I've been living as female for 10 years. My quote was really awesome. However, when my driving record reported MALE rather than FEMALE they raised my rate by $250 every six months. That's a really big difference.

Report Abuse


You go have the surgery then come back and report to us on your findings. O.K? LOL
the difference would be so minor in rate change to even consider that you have to be nuts.
Pretty drastic measure but I can only assume this would be the case if you could convince the insurance company that you had a sex-change operation. As a footnote: hacking off your privates will NOT make a man into a woman -- nothing can alter or change his XY identity.
Did you stay up all night thinking of this?