Friday, September 23, 2011

Change car door handles yourself?

I would like to change my factory installed car door handles to chrome ones. How difficult will this be? Do I have to take the door apart? Or should I just let the dealer do it.
Change car door handles yourself?
depends on the make and model and year of your vehicle. Most times you will need specialized tools to remove the handles and window winders if you do not have electric windows. If I were you I would set aside a dry area and most of the day to do this job( as you have never done it before). I would also look for a repair book from my local automotive store ( Chilton is the most well known brand of auto repair manuals for the average person doing it themselves) If you do decide to go ahead with the change over I would suggest having one of these to guide you.



cheers
Change car door handles yourself?
I would let the dealer do this as it involves far more than you want to get into.And on the new cars it is so easy to break a wire and this just creates move work.I took body %26amp; fender with my my bother-law and he does this type work .It just wasn't my cup of tea.I still help from time to time,but do not care for it.
If there are no electronics that come along with the door handle then it is relatively easy to change them. It's basically common sense and taking the inside part of the door off
  • mentally ill person
  • textbox
  •