Friday, September 23, 2011

Can I change my car aerial from electric to fixed?

My car is a Mazda 323 F, year 1998. The aerial is on the rear wing of the car. Most of the replacements I have seen seem to be for the roof.
Can I change my car aerial from electric to fixed?
You can change the existing aerial to fixed without buying any accessories or a new one, and you don't have to go to a shop to do that; disconnect it from the power source from the trunk, remove the cover off the small electric motor and remove or cut the retractable spring (most are built from plastic) and you will be able to manually extend or retract your aerial anytime (like when you go to a car wash);



Good luck!!!
Can I change my car aerial from electric to fixed?
YES YOU CAN. A MECHANIC CAN ADVISE YOU THE COSTS
I am positive you can do that with an aftermarket antenna. I am wondering why you would want to do that? Electric antennas offer you a little protection from those people who would want to break off antennas for fun.
yes you can



I suggest you get one that can be unscrewed.



Otherwise you may lose it next time you put your car through the car wash.



Ian M
Yes you can, you will find most accessory shop's will have them, try halford's....
  • layered hair
  • migrating existing portal
  •