Friday, September 23, 2011

What do I need to do to change my car from an automatic to a manual?

The Car I am trying to convert my 1996 Holden Apollo (toyota camry) from automatic to manual. I want to know what parts i need to be able to do this. I am not too concerned with cost as I am planning on keeping the car for a long time as I have already started to %26quot;do it up%26quot;.
What do I need to do to change my car from an automatic to a manual?
transmission, clutch, gearbox, new shifter inside the car and of course all of the tools/parts needed to install it.. just ask an auto mechanic shop or whoever you plan on installing it for you.... why do you want to change the tranny though?? why not just keep it auto??
What do I need to do to change my car from an automatic to a manual?
You'll need a new (standard) transmission and probably some hardware to mate it up with your engine. Talk to a few transmission shops and maybe even a toyota dealer to get a feel for cost.



A new transmission can be from 800-2000+ depending on the car.



Hope this helps!
You'll need gearbox, clutch%26amp; brake pedals,flywheel,spigot bearing ( in the end of the crank ), gearshift, center console, drive shafts,( both ), clutch master cylinder %26amp; hydrulic lines, computer %26amp; wiring looms, and lots of spare hours, and a good repair manual. DON'T forget your sense of humor.
You'll need gearbox, clutch%26amp; brake pedals,flywheel,spigot bearing ( in the end of the crank ), gearshift, center console, drive shafts,( both ), clutch master cylinder %26amp; hydrulic lines, computer %26amp; wiring looms.
If cost is no problem go out and buy a car that has a manual trans in it.