Friday, June 3, 2011

Can i change my car insurance deductible and and then submit the accident?

I just got hit and don%26#039;t know by who. the good thing about it is that my car is full cover but my deductible is of 1000. I don%26#039;t have the money and so am wondering if it can be possible for me to change my deducible to 500 and then claim the hit. What%26#039;s the best thing for me to do!|||You could do that, then you could go to jail.





Trying to cheat the insurance company is fraud and a felony.





If a police report was filed the insurance company will see the correct date of the accident, and see that you changed your deductible afterwords. You would still be charged the $1000 deductible.





Just be glad you do not have to cover the entire cost of the repairs|||It is called insurance fraud. You could go to jail is it worth it?|||That would be fraud, they will know something is up if you make a claim right away or if there is rust around where you were hit when they go to repair it. If you wanted a lower deductible you should have purchased one with you insurance policy.|||see if you can have the repairs done on your own before you make a claim. Sometime it is cheaper to pay for it yourself.|||You can%26#039;t change what happened in the past. Don%26#039;t you think the insurance company would figure this out when they got your claim? Yes you can lower your deductible, but don%26#039;t do it until after you submit this claim.